We welcome your feedback – compliments, suggestions and complaints
Your feedback helps us improve our services. We use feedback forms, formal complaints, and surveys to listen to our service users, their families and carers.
Who can provide feedback?
- A patient
- A patients family/whanau or other representative
- Any member of the public
- Another health care provider
What do we do with your feedback?
If you make a formal complaint, we will need your contact details such as your name and physical/email address and or phone number so we can respond to you. If you provide this information, we will:
- Enter your complaint in our reporting system
- Acknowledge your complaint or suggestion in writing within five working days of receiving it and forward it to the service or ward concerned.
- Forward your complaint or suggestion on to the service/ward concerned to investigate
- Respond to you within 20 working days. If we are unable to respond to you in this time we will write you a letter saying why we cannot respond and when you can expect a response from us. Sometimes when a complaint is complicated or complex we will need extra time to investigate; we will keep you updated on what has happening on a monthly basis until it is resolved.
How to provide feedback
- Talk to a staff member or service/ward manager
- Fill in one of our ‘Tell Us What You Think’ form – these can be found in the services/wards, Outpatient/ED waiting area and by the lifts on the each floor. If you can’t find them, please ask our staff to get you one.
- Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go online at: www.hauoratairawhiti.org.nz and click on our Contact Us page. You can submit your feedback on this page or you can click on the full contact list of Hauora Tairawhiti departments and, phone the service concerned or;
- Phone the Quality Coordinator on 8690500 ext 8465
- Write to us:
The Quality Coordinator
421 Ormond Road
Private bag 7001
Seek free advice and help with a complaint by contacting:
Hauora Tairawhiti Maori Health Manager on 8690500 ext 8030
The Health and Disability Advocacy Service on Freephone: 0800 555 050 or locally on 8683590
Health Consumer Services Trust on 0800801482 or www.healthcomplaints.co.nz
The Health and Disability Commissioner on 0800112233 or www.hdc.org.nz
Complete the National Adult Inpatient survey if you are asked. Please click here for more information