The vision for maternity services at Hauora Tairāwhiti is to provide evidenced informed/based maternity services which are seamless, culturally appropriate, women-centred, and integrated within the Tairāwhiti community.
Each year Hauora Tairāwhiti produces the Tairāwhiti Maternity Services Annual Report. This report aims to:
- Demonstrate the delivery of the expected outputs as set out in Section 2 of the Maternity Quality and Safety Programme CFA Variation
- Demonstrate our commitment and working towards the New Zealand Triple Aim, The New Zealand Health Strategy and He Korowai Oranga | Māori Health Strategy
- Provide information about the maternity quality and safety programme within Tairāwhiti including the people we are serving, the challenges and the maternity service workforce/professional standards
- Outline our achievement of each the New Zealand maternity standards for DHBs
- Provide feedback to the National Maternity Monitoring Group on their key priority areas; address the recommendations from the Perinatal Mortality Morbidity Review Committee and our contribution to the Midland Maternity Action Group
- Document the progress towards the annual Tairāwhiti maternity service work programme and the national maternity quality & safety programme Tairāwhiti ‘established’ tier
- Describe the work planned to improve the maternity quality and safety in Tairāwhiti each year
- Benchmark against the New Zealand maternity clinical indicators.