Vaccinations this week:
Te Poho o Rawiri Pa (Ranfurly Rd)
|Sunday 15 May||10-2pm||All vaccinations||Walk in|
Matai Section (Childers Rd next to netball courts)
|Sunday 15 May||10-1pm||All vaccinations||Walk in|
295 Palmerston Road
|Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday||12.30 - 4.30pm||
Note: AstraZeneca and Novavax vaccines are available by appointment only on Fridays
|Pharmacy||9.00 - 1.00pm||12+ Vaccinations||Walk in|
|Pharmacy||9.00 - 3.00pm||12+ Vaccinations||Walk in|
|12+ Vaccinations||Walk in|
|12+ Vaccinations||Walk in|
Local General Practices
- Three Rivers Medical Centre, 75 Customhouse Street, Ph: 0508 374 8377
- City Medical, 134 Derby Street, Ph: 06 8686104
- De Lautour Medical Centre, 1 Turenne Street, Inner Kaiti, Ph: 06 8674144
- Puhi Kaiti Community Health Centre, 508 Wainui Road, Kaiti Hub, Ph: 06 8678550
Please contact the general practices for days and hours of vaccination clinics
Local Pharmacy – Vaccination Clinics
- Horouta Pharmacy – 92 De Lautour Road, Inner Kaiti, Ph: 06 8683700
- Pharmacy 53– 10 Ballance Street, Whataupoko, Ph: 06 8673038
- Sean Shivnan – 578 Gladstone Road, Ph: 06 8674672
- Bramwells Unichem Pharmacy – 232 Gladstone Road, Ph: 06 8671291
Please contact the pharmacies for days and hours of vaccination clinics
For information on Tairāwhiti's response to COVID-19, including where to get tested, please click here.
Misinformation about COVID-19 and the vaccine
If you become aware of any campaigns or information targeting New Zealanders asking for personal information or payment for receiving the vaccine, please report this misinformation to email@example.com (Subject: COVID-19 scam) or call 0800 237 869.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free, and at no point will you be asked to pay for securing your place in the queue.
- Any communications about the vaccine will come from the Ministry of Health or other trusted sources. If you receive any emails out of the blue asking for financial and personal details, it is likely a scam.
- The best way you can help stop these scams affecting New Zealanders is to report them to CERT NZ. You can also do this via the CERT NZ website: www.cert.govt.nz or by calling 0800 2378 69
Questions about the vaccine?
For a list of frequently asked questions about the vaccine, visit the Immunisation Advisory Centre website.
You can also find questions and answers in this COVID-19 Vaccination Information Booklet, which is specific to Tairāwhiti and has been approved by the Ministry of Health.
You can find more about how the vaccine works, its safety and development, advice if you're pregnant and what to think about if you're getting other vaccines around the same time.
If you're looking for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations, here are some official sources that are a good place to start:
- The Unite Against COVID-19 website
- The Ministry of Health website
- Tairāwhiti COVID-19 Vaccination Information Booklet