If you or someone you know needs help, it is close at hand. You don't have to do it alone. Tairāwhiti has a lot of specialised, dedicated people ready to help.
- Contact your GP or Medical centre
- Phone He Waharoa 06 868 3550 - weekdays 8.30am to 4pm
- Call into He Waharoa 73 Peel Street Gisborne - weekdays 8.30am to 4pm
- On the coast (Anaura Bay to Potaka) contact Ngati Porou Hauora service Te Oranga Hinengaro. Call 06 864 6803 or 021 392 772
- Community Mental Health and Addiction Services Phone 0800 999 014 - weekdays 8am to 4.30pm
- Primary Mental Health - free therapy service (up to 4 sessions with onsite therapists). Speak to your GP for a referral.
Mental Health Emergency
- If you feel that you or someone else is at immediate risk or harm phone 111
- Contact the Psychiatric Assessment Triage Team (PATT) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Phone 0800 243 500. After 10pm call 06 869 0512.
Need to talk to someone else:
All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor.
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 or (09) 522 2999 Free text 4357 (HELP)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) Trained counsellors will put the distressed person in touch with Tairawhiti services if it was an imminent crisis.
- Youthline 0800 376 633
- Samaritans 0800 726 666